Here are some ways to get started on your green home this holiday season.
1. Switch your lightbulbs to CFLs – CFLs produce the same amount of light but only use one-fifth to one-third the electric power. They’re a little more expensive, but they last eight to fifteen times longer.
2. Turn off lights when you leave a room.
3. Line dry your laundry when the weather allows.
4. Donate items you no longer have use for to your local thrift shop.
5. Fix leaky faucets
6. Use reusable water bottles (consider giving one as a Christmas gift)
7. Collect rain water and use it to water your plants
8. Lower the temperature on your hot water heater
9. Pay your bills online
10. Use reusable bags
These are easy things that we can implement in our homes not only during the holiday season, but all year long.
Which of these have you already implemented into your homes? What other go-green tips do you have?